In recent years Malaysia has emerged as a leading destination for all kinds of traveler, attracted by breathtaking natural beauty; burgeoning industry and infrastructure; and an opportunity to take in a cultural melting point true to the beautiful and diverse continent of Asia. What makes a visit pleasant and enjoyable for one person is oftentimes different to the travel priorities of another. All sorts of considerations need to be taken: budget, location, activities of interest, number/age of travelers and more.
As an independent travel guide written by Malaysian natives we have a single, simple aim: to make finding the ideal accommodation or tour stress-free by drawing on our vast local knowledge and experience assisting travelers.
Before we begin talking about saving money and finding great deals it's important you choose the location; the type of tour; and the accommodation that suits you. Are you an active person? Do you prefer thick jungle or modern buildings? Is it beach-time and deep relaxtion you're after, or a rich cultural exploration? We help you answer these questions and in turn, find the destination to suit you across our dozens of Destination Guides, accessible from every page of our site. Each will take you on a whistle-stop tour and help you decide whether the location is right for your trip.
City-break lovers will be charmed by Malacca Town and Kuala Lumpur; whilst those powerless to resist the lure of a tropical island getaway will be eyeing up Langkawi, Pangkor Island and Tioman Island. Great we've narrowed things down!
Once you have a destination in mind it's time for us to check out tour and accommodation options. But how can you be sure you're looking at the widest and highest quality range of choices? In today's age nothing quite beats local expertise, which is why at MalaysiaExplorer.net we pooled our combined experience of the local travel industry to create our 'Top-pick Award' - an accolade given to one accommodation provider in each destination for exemplary all-round service and quality. When you see the seal you can be confident that the resort or hotel in question was picked for its outstanding offering to travelers. In each of our Destination Guides you'll find a 'Top-pick' recommendation, just like below:
Looking across the gorgeous and replenishing Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa (pictured) - MalaysiaExplorer.net's recommened top-pick resort
|Find out about the award|
We never favour one particular 'type' of accommodation and judge each place on its own merits. This means you'll find a cross section of the 'cream of the crop' on MalaysiaExplorer.net - be it a hotel chain or a local establishment; a honey pot resort or a lodge out in one of the beautiful national parks; or even an all inclusive getaway! What they all have in common is an endorsement from crowds of satisfied guests. Our speciality is in bringing you only the stand-out gems amongst a huge range of often confusing options.
In addition to our single 'Top-pick' offerings we also team up with our booking partner to bring you the widest range of accommodation options and resorts anywhere online, along with image galleries and verified guest reviews™.
Now that we have a shortlist of resorts, hotels and accommodation options from your favourite destination in mind, it's time to track down a fantastic deal.
At MalaysiaExplorer.net we do some of the hard work for you by pooling together our hand-picked booking partners who stock a range of special offers and internet-only deals. This leads us to our top tops:
- Browse as wide a range of well-suited accommodation options and tours as you can. Check in regularly to make sure you find out about any special offers and make enquiries about cheap or cut-down rates. Sometimes if a hotel has spare rooms it will offer them out at hugely reduced prices to fill-up. This is often true outside of the peak holiday season. Our partners are also able to offer internet-only pricing, reduced rates due to the convenience and ease of booking.
- Hotel and tour providers know that travelers who visit their websites direct have probably made up their minds already. This means they can charge a premium and oftentimes uncompetitive rate to the captive customer. We advise our readers to stick with independent booking partners and if possible, make a reservation well in advance to lock in a low rate. Tour providers rely on advance bookings to make decisions on provisions and you'll be rewarded with a cheaper price.
- At the opposite end of the spectrum, and well suited to lone travelers fond of spontaneity, is the field of last minute offers. Hotels rarely advertise rock bottom deals on their own websites for fear of alienating their direct customers paying top dollar rates. However, spare rooms pose a dilemma for all accommodation providers, a guest paying something (even if dramatically lower than full price) is better than a dormant room. The best way to take advantage of last minute deals is to be flexible, check our booking partners regularly for special deals and don't be afraid to ask direct for a cut-price room.
Malaysia has something to offer everyone, but it takes a great tour package and superb accommodation to underpin a happy and enjoyable visit. We want to make sure you leave Malaysia with nothing but wonderful memories to share so get browsing today!
Don't forget to complete your trip with our travel essentials checklist: Tours, Flights and Car Rental
- Tailor all aspects of your holiday or visit to Malaysia with comprehensive tour and package choices.
- Read our top tips on car rental to ensure you choose a suitable vehicle at a good price.
- Our guide to Malaysia flights is packed with advice and pointers on finding the best routes and super deals.