If you are planning to visit Malaysia, then you have chosen the ideal location for a romantic, adventurous, cultural and idyllic holiday. Malaysia offers a diverse choice of sites and settings unlike any other place in the world. Surrounded by turquoise waters and fringed with white sands with the setback of mountains covered in rich forestland, this land is set in a remarkable pristine environment.
Get started with MalaysiaExplorer.net's Offical Flight Booking Partner
Kuala Lumpur and Beyond
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital city, is where many international flights arrive. Not only is it the gateway to all the other most renowned regions; it also abounds in historical sites, exciting activities and a trendy nightlife scene.
Depending on what region or regions you choose to visit you will find plenty of connecting flights from Kuala Lumpur to the major cities of each state. It is easier, more practical and less expensive to fly from one state to another when visiting the country, than driving or using other forms of transport. It will save you a lot of time and money and you can get some excellent fares if you check the best offers on SkyScanner, where low cost rates can be found and your flight booked before you leave home.
If you are visiting Penang state, then your best choice is to fly to Penang International Airport in Bayan Lepas near George Town. Here you can admire the famous Chinese temples, other miscellaneous architectural heritage and the pristine beaches such as Batu Ferringhi, amongst other magnificent sites.
Beauty in the Wilderness: Malaysian Borneo
You can fly to Kota Kinabalu International Airport or Kuching International Airport if you are heading to the Sabah and Sarawak regions to climb the highest mountain in Malaysia, the Mt. Kinabalu or explore the pristine jungle of Borneo to spot the wild orang-utans, or again planning to scuba dive in Sipadan, one of the best diving sites in the world.
The Peaceful Highlands
If you want to reach the Cameron Highlands and its renowned tea plantations and take a respite in the cool air or explore the Taman Negara, fly into Ipoh at the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport, which is the closest to these two well-preserved eco-systems.
Island Paradise: Redang and Tioman
The costal islands on the East offer some of the most breathtaking snorkelling and scuba sites, with coral gardens and tropical fish, as well as long stretches of white sandy beach. You can reach both islands by flying to Redang Airport for your stay or taking a further connecting boat ride on to Tioman Island.
These are only a few favourite destinations that can't be reached by air to save on time and driving distances. In most cases when you travel to and from or within Malaysia, the major International airports located in the eastern part of Malaysia are Kota Kinabalu International or Kuching Airports while Kuala Lumpur and Penang Airports are the major western located international airports.
Quick tips to remember:
- You will find that Air Asia is one of the airlines with the cheapest fares, which offers both national and international flights, whose latest fares are included along with many other airlines on SkyScanners's best rate flight search. Another alternative to Air Asia is Malaysia Airlines that is slightly more expensive but does offer better service and comfort, which can be a welcomed option during longer flights.
- If you are flying in from Asia you may find it more convenient to fly into Kota Kinabalu or Penang International Airports that serve the East and West of Malaysia alternatively, for these airports are less crowded and travelling is easier.
- Flying within Malaysia is really the best travelling option, as airline companies such as Firefly and Air Asia often have great bargains, which can even be cheaper than bus fares. Just make sure you book when the promotional offers are available by checking these with Expedia booking services.
- Whatever you do make sure you plan your visit to Malaysia and decide which states you wish to visit, in order to organize a more detailed flight itinerary. Use our 'Destination Guides' to help you plan a trip, and once you have a clear idea, make your bookings online by using various cheap flight researchers such as Expedia or other similar websites.
Malaysia offers a memorable vacation and so many places and sights to visit and explore, this is why, if you plan your trip beforehand and take advantage of the cheap flight rates you can get the most of your Malaysian holiday and not miss out on some of the best places the country has to offer.
Malaysia has something to offer everyone, but it takes a flexible travel plan and the freedom to explore to top-off a happy and enjoyable visit. We want to make sure you leave Malaysia with nothing but wonderful memories to share so get browsing today!
Don't forget to complete your trip with our travel essentials checklist: Tours, Flights and Car Rental
- Tailor all aspects of your holiday or visit to Malaysia with comprehensive tour and package choices.
- Read our top tips on car rental to ensure you choose a suitable vehicle at a good price.